Over the last few years, AlmavivA has modified its approach to the health care sector, in which it has been operating for 25 years as a technological and consulting partner, privileging process integration, no longer relevant to a single – corporate, regional or national – operational level but based on a supply-chain rationale, capable of creating added value in the sharing of information.
AlmavivA, in the search for synergies in different fields, has extended the concept of e-Health, adopted internationally as a disciplinary matrix to be applied in the development of health information systems, broadening the vision to embrace the citizens and organizations that need to interact with the health sector.
The experience we have built up in relations with all the administrative health levels enables us to propose solutions based on Application Cooperation and, generally, on the Public Connectivity System, which grounds its effectiveness on the broadband revolution.
The key guidelines of this development are:
- Modeling of complex inter-disciplinariy and inter-institutional processes, through powerful orchestration tools
- Implementing IT brokers, capable of regulating information exchanges, activating the application cooperation services published by stakeholders in this exchange
- Developing user-system interface solutions capable of supporting the demand for accessing the information systems built up as a result of the spread of mobile telephony or of instruments such as PDA, Netbook or Kindle
Among the many projects developed for Central Government, at AlmavivA we manage the technology infrastructure of the Ministry of Health, in outsourcing, and ensure:
- the availability of applications, systems and networks
- the hosting service for central, departmental, peripheral and network environments
- the management of distributed environments
- the eMail service
- the Help Desk service.
We also govern the development and outsourced management of the Transplant Information System (SIT), which ensures the traceability and transparency of the entire donation-explantation-transplantation process and the management of the regional and national waiting lists.
The Information System also:
- receives and records organ donation applications
- collects the follow-ups of transplant patients
- provides a data warehousing environment for the interactive analysis of data.
The IT infrastructure developed by us at AlmavivA ensures:
- reliability – redundant apparatuses and 24/7 service
- logical security - smart cards for eSignatures and message encryption
- physical security – dedicated network, isolated database.
The Turkish Ministry of Health too has chosen our innovation: AlmavivA, as the lead member of a consortium, has been awarded the European contract, financed by Europe Aid for pre-accession countries, for coordination and consulting with respect to organ transplants and donations.
For the National Blood Center, we are developing and managing, in full outsourcing, the Transfusion Service Information System (SISTRA), which receives and processes all information relating to the collection and use of blood and its components, surveys the quality of the processes and products related to the transfusion services and streamlines the activities for haemo-vigilance, blood supply programming and managing any situations of excess and shortage of blood components at national level.
At the Regional & Local Government level, we have gathered some significant experiences, such as, for example, the development of the technological infrastructure and implementation of the Application Services for the Social & Health Care System of the Region of Lombardia (SISS), as well as supporting the analysis of the process for integrating the Information Systems of the Area Health Authorities and the SISS.
For the Region of Calabria, as part of the SPC Contract, we have also developed the cooperation services needed to collect, control and certify the information forming the information obligations of the Local Health Authorities to the Central Government Departments and Agencies, in accordance with the Regional Debt Repayment Plan.
At AlmavivA we also operate in the field of Research, an example of which is the “HealthSOAF” Project – co-financed by the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research, as part of the “Research and Competitiveness 2007-2013 National Operational Plan (NOP)” - implementing a Framework of SOA-based services conforming to the international HSSP (Healthcare Services Specification Project) standards, the aim of which is to facilitate the development of a set of standard interfaces capable of supporting shared service specifications.
- 1,500,000 organ donation applications processed by the SIT
- 83,000 blood component units exchanged among the regions in 2011 through the SISTRA
- Approx. 10,000,000 health smart cards (CRS/CNS) issued and delivered to the residents of Lombardia
- Over 60% of residents in Lombardia have given Informed Consent for the creation of the FSE
- Over 70% of electronically processed and digitally signed medical reports available to the FSE